From: hanski on
Hi.

I'm the owner in every object in my database (table,query,report,
form,macro and also database itselft), but I can't add users. What is
the matter with my system.mdw?

hanski
From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
Hi this is how I do it and it works.

1) Log on as admin

2) Tools --> Security --> User-Level Security Wizard

3) Choose Modify my current workgroup information file --> Next

4) click Next

5) click next – do not chose/mark any groups!

6) choose ”No, the users group....” --> clik Next

7) Clik on ”<Add new User>” so it turns black --> Type Username --> Type
Password --> Type if you want the PID --> click the button ”Add this user to
the list” --> Click Finish and NOT the next button – very important!!!

8)
Close the report by clicking on the red cross then you will get a warning -
you just click "YES" to that. Now comes a security wizard report, which you
can choose to print out or you can just close it.

9) Open Tools --> Security --> User and Group Accounts

10) In the combobox you choose the user and in ”Available Groups” you
choose the group he/she belong to and click on Add --> OK

Please tell if it worked for you?

Good luck!

From: hanski on
On 6 huhti, 10:15, "jubiiab via AccessMonster.com" <u51549(a)uwe> wrote:
> Hi this is how I do it and it works.
>
> 1) Log on as admin
>
> 2) Tools --> Security --> User-Level Security Wizard
>
> 3) Choose Modify my current workgroup information file --> Next
>
> 4) click Next
>
> 5) click next –  do not chose/mark any groups!
>
> 6) choose ”No, the users group....” --> clik Next
>
> 7) Clik on ”<Add new User>” so it turns black --> Type Username --> Type
> Password --> Type if you want the PID --> click the button ”Add this user to
> the list”  --> Click Finish and NOT the next button – very important!!!
>
> 8)
> Close the report by clicking on the red cross then you will get a warning -
> you just click "YES" to that.  Now comes a security wizard report, which you
> can choose to print out or you can just close it.
>
> 9) Open Tools --> Security --> User and Group Accounts
>
> 10)  In the  combobox you choose the user and in ”Available Groups” you
> choose the group he/she belong to and click on Add --> OK
>
> Please tell if it worked for you?
>
> Good luck!
>
> hanski wrote:
> >Hi.
>
> >I'm the owner in every object in my database (table,query,report,
> >form,macro and also database itselft), but I can't add users. What is
> >the matter with my system.mdw?
>
> >hanski

Hi!

Modify my current workgroup information file is unactive, so I can't
choose it!

hanski
From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
Are you in the Admins group?

From: hanski on
On 6 huhti, 14:10, "BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429(a)uwe> wrote:
> Are you in the Admins group?
>
> hanski wrote:
> >> Hi this is how I do it and it works.
>
> >[quoted text clipped - 38 lines]
> >> --
>
> >Hi!
>
> >Modify my current workgroup information file is unactive, so I can't
> >choose it!
>
> >hanski

Yes I'm Admin.

hanski