From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
joe90 wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a form that tracks progression on a number of student qualifications.
>
>There are 8 number fields that represent the percentage complete on eac
>qualification, and all I want to do is to add all 8 fields together to get
>total progression in a total field.
>
>I am transferring this from excel, and this is easy to do in excel, but I can'
>get it to work. I basically add all fields then divide by 8. I am trying to us
>the expression builder.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Just use an unbound control on your form and set the controlsource to
= [Control1] + [Control2]... + [Control8]

It won't get stored anywhere, but it's a derived value..

From: KARL DEWEY on
If any field may have a null then this way --
= Nz([Control1], 0) + Nz([Control2], 0)... + Nz([Control8], 0)

--
Build a little, test a little.