From: JD on
Hi There,

Wondering if someone has advice in regards to the following:

My architecure consists of a Back-End Access 2007 database and multiple
Front-End Access 2007 databases.

I created a Form using the Forms Wizard.
The Form includes data from multiple tables.
When creating the Form I chose to include a Subform.
Once the Form was completed, I added a Combo Box so I could choose an
employee from the drop-down list.
When I choose an employee from the drop-down list, the appropriate data
associated with the employee appears in the Subform.
I would now like to move the data within the Subform to multiple Tabs using
the Tab Control.

The problem is, when I move the labels, text boxes, and check-boxes from the
Subform into the Tab(s), the text boxes lose their association with the
appropriate Control Source.

I would appreciate if someone can recommend a solution.

Thanks,

Jason
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Try copying and pasting, instead of moving. Any code that you have attached
will be lost because the names of the controls will change, but any other
properties attached to the control, including the controlsource, should
remain.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:54:01 -0700, JD <JD(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The problem is, when I move the labels, text boxes, and check-boxes from the
>Subform into the Tab(s), the text boxes lose their association with the
>appropriate Control Source.
>
>I would appreciate if someone can recommend a solution.

A Tab Control has no logical or structural relationship to the data (unlike a
Subform). It's nothing but a way to share screen real estate. A textbox or
other control on a Tab Page is - logically - just on the Form containing that
tab control.

In contrast, a Subform is actually a different form, with a different
Recordsource query, a different relationship to the data in the tables, and
its own set of fields which can be used as Control Sources.

If you move a control from one form (the subform in this case) to a different
form (a tab control on the mainform), then yes, it will no longer be connected
to its original control source, because that control source does not exist in
the new location's Recordsource.

Could you describe the logical structure of the data? What are the
Recordsources of the form and the subform? What data are you trying to display
on the tab pages?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: JD on
Thanks to the replies from everyone.

Think I'm going to restructure the database.