From: Mark Andrew Beach Mark Andrew on
I have tried the MM save wizard and cannot get the file to save to my
computer. I have tried all the trouble shooter ideas I can find and none of
them work. Here are a few that I have tried:

1) The file is not too big;
2) The original files were recorded as .mod files and converted to .wmv,
..mpeg; .mpg-PAL; and .avi files before editing; I was able to varify that
they all existed properly prior to attempting to save;
3) I tried to save the .avi files as an unedited saved .wmv movie prior to
making any edits, they did not save...

4) the free file conversion system I am using is 'Any Video Converter' - No
obvious problems but if someone can recommend a better free video converter
that might be something I could try.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
From: John Inzer on
Mark Andrew Beach wrote:
> I have tried the MM save wizard and cannot get the file to save to my
> computer. I have tried all the trouble shooter ideas I can find and
> none of them work. Here are a few that I have tried:
>
> 1) The file is not too big;
> 2) The original files were recorded as .mod files and converted to
> .wmv, .mpeg; .mpg-PAL; and .avi files before editing; I was able to
> varify that they all existed properly prior to attempting to save;
> 3) I tried to save the .avi files as an unedited saved .wmv movie
> prior to making any edits, they did not save...
>
> 4) the free file conversion system I am using is 'Any Video
> Converter' - No obvious problems but if someone can recommend a
> better free video converter that might be something I could try.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
===============================
Your assortment of formats is probably at
the heart of this issue. IMHO...WMV is the
best choice for converting video clips that
are to be imported into Movie Maker.

The following freeware may be worth a try:

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
(FWIW...when installing...you may want to
uncheck all the boxes on the final screen)

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice