From: Kurt S Kurt on
My computer crashed and was re-built with all the software re-loaded and my
documents re-loaded from saved files etc. But now when I try to publish
updates to my web site, I get FP error message like this:

"the web server at www.snoblazers.com does not appear to have Windows
Sharepoint services installed. possible causes:
1) Web server may not have Frontpage extensions installed
2) The web server may be temporarily out of service
3) If you are connecting through a proxy service, the proxy settings may be
incorrect
4) An error may have occured in the web server.

But nothing has changed with the web server, only on my computer. Was there
some cookies or something like that that I need to make this work? I have
tried to publish on multiple days, after re-booting, with firewall and virus
scanner disabled, etc - no luck.

From: Ronx on
http://www.snoblazers.com/_vti_inf.html gives a 404 (page not found) error,
indicating that there are NO extensions installed on the server.
On the other hand, http://www.snoblazers.com/_vti_cnf is readable which
further suggests that something is wrong on the server - this URL should
normally result in an error. Suggest you reinstall the extensions on the
server.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)