From: Graça Maria Gra�a Maria on
My outlook 2007 has exceeded is maximum capacity two days ago and since then
I can't run it since I am always getting a system comment saying that I need
to empty folders to have it back - which I did inquite a large number os them.
Now I would like to know how can I overcome this situation since, as I
said, I have emptied quite a lot of folders and no result was obtainesd so
far.

Kindly help me with your advices. the soonest if possible
Thanks
Graça Maria
Portugal
From: LD55ZRA on

There is no such thing as Maximum Capacity in outlook. How many
emails a day do you receive? I suggest post your query on Windows
XP Newsgroup or windows 7 Forum as appropriate to your operating
system because this is a windows problem not an Outlook problem.

I have come across this sort of problems on our systems where
students' profile have exceeded the quota but this doesn't apply
in your case as you are likely to be a private individual using
the system at home.

Christiano Ronaldo of Portugal would break his leg this weekend so
that England could win the World Cup!

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
From: VanguardLH on
Gra�a Maria wrote:

> My outlook 2007 has exceeded is maximum capacity two days ago and since then
> I can't run it since I am always getting a system comment saying that I need
> to empty folders to have it back - which I did inquite a large number os them.
> Now I would like to know how can I overcome this situation since, as I
> said, I have emptied quite a lot of folders and no result was obtainesd so
> far.

If you are using the old ANSI format .pst files for your message store, it
had a maximum file size of 2GB (1.87GiB). If you are using the newer
Unicode format for the .pst file, it begins with a max file size of 20GB but
can be increased up to 2TB (however, performance is claimed to degrade
rather quickly when going above 20GB).

You sure the error is about the size of your .pst file? Have you checked
its size? Maybe what the error really is saying (since you never actually
gave *us* a copy of the exact error message) is that you used up your disk
quota for your account at whomever is your unidentified e-mail provider. If
you use up your disk quota up on the mail server, no more inbound e-mails
can be received because there is no room for them. Use the webmail
interface to your e-mail account to check how much of your disk quota you
have consumed.