From: swtpc6800 on
Outlook 2007, Windows 7. Received message that outlook could not open its
window. Ran the microsoft fixit that deleted the key. This required me to
rebuild the email acount upon running outlook and once in outlook, all of my
emails had evaporated. Search of the disk turns up no .pst files with the
proper time stamp.

How do I get them back?

I still don't know what happened to cause this.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Fred
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"swtpc6800" <swtpc6800(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Outlook 2007, Windows 7. Received message that outlook could not open its
> window. Ran the microsoft fixit that deleted the key. This required me to
> rebuild the email acount upon running outlook and once in outlook, all of my
> emails had evaporated. Search of the disk turns up no .pst files with the
> proper time stamp.
>
> How do I get them back?
>
> I still don't know what happened to cause this.

My guess is the "FixIt" created a new mail profile and data file. Click
File>Open>Outlook Data File and see if there are other PSTs that show up in
the browse window. If so, select one and click OK. See if it contains your
data. Contrinue in this manner until you find the one that does. Then click
Tools>Account Settings>Data Files and select that data file, then click Set as
Default. Stop and Restart Outlook and your data should be back as it was
before. You can then click Tools>Account Settings>Data Files, select the
other PSTs and click Remove.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]