From: fireup on
on Motorola A3100 the latency even reaches 900ms! have you figure out any solution? Thanks!

Scewbede wrote:

waveInStart delay
23-Oct-08

I'm using the waveInStart method to record sound from the microphone on a
mobile device. Everything works like a charm except the annoying fact that
the first 300+ ms of the recording is silence.

This makes it impossible to make a quick (<300ms) estimation of the
surrounding noise level, since during that period no recording is made. And
to calculate a *real* average noise level I must always ignore the first 300+
ms and start the calculation with the first non-silent (!128) buffer contents.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known problem?
(BTW - I'm using a HTC Touch Diamond device)

On Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:44 PM
Scewbede wrote:

waveInStart delay
I'm using the waveInStart method to record sound from the microphone on a
mobile device. Everything works like a charm except the annoying fact that
the first 300+ ms of the recording is silence.

This makes it impossible to make a quick (<300ms) estimation of the
surrounding noise level, since during that period no recording is made. And
to calculate a *real* average noise level I must always ignore the first 300+
ms and start the calculation with the first non-silent (!128) buffer contents.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known problem?
(BTW - I'm using a HTC Touch Diamond device)

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/db179aed-47fa-4f86-a4bf-4f6f92a76585/server-side-processing-in.aspx
From: NeilH on
Why are to replying to a thread that is well over a year old?