From: Douglas J. Steele on
If you go to the Immediate Window (Ctrl-G), type ?ShowIndex() and hit Enter,
does it work?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on
Hi Doug,
I did the ?showindex() and debug.print showindex() and both came up with a
number 0

From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on
Doug I didn't use this code because I thought that because the chm file is in
the same folder as the database it should work. Am I correct? If I have to
use it, do I have to create a form for this?

Again Thanks for your help..

Left$(CurrentDB.Name, Len(CurrentDB.Name) - Len(Dir(CurrentDB.Name)))
or, more efficiently:
Dim strFullPath As String
Dim strPathOnly As String
strFullPath = CurrentDB.Name
strPathOnly = Left$(strFullPath, Len(strFullPath) -
Len(Dir(strFullPath)))

From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on
Good Morning Doug;
I don't know what I did. I must have had my nose pointing the right way or I
was scratching my back or something, but it seems to be working now.

I did a test with another module that I knew was working called mouseOn().
When I just put mouseOn Access couldn't find it. When I put mouseon, access
couldn't find it. When I put mouseOn() then it found it and worked. So, I
went back through the Macros and changed everything to the way the function
was spelled and Vola! it started working.

Thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.

From: Douglas J. Steele on
You need to fully qualify the path to the chm file.

Since David wrote his article, though, Access introduced an easier way to
determine the path of the current database.

Try

ShowIndex = HTMLHelpStdCall(0, CurrentProject.Path & "\myhelp.chm",
HH_DISPLAY_INDEX, 0)

Sorry I missed that before.

--

> Doug I didn't use this code because I thought that because the chm file is
> in
> the same folder as the database it should work. Am I correct? If I have to
> use it, do I have to create a form for this?
>
> Again Thanks for your help..
>

> Left$(CurrentDB.Name, Len(CurrentDB.Name) - Len(Dir(CurrentDB.Name)))
> or, more efficiently:
> Dim strFullPath As String
> Dim strPathOnly As String
> strFullPath = CurrentDB.Name
> strPathOnly = Left$(strFullPath, Len(strFullPath) -
> Len(Dir(strFullPath)))
>
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>If you go to the Immediate Window (Ctrl-G), type ?ShowIndex() and hit
>>Enter,
>>does it work?
>>
>>> Stand alone module called: MyHelp
>>> In the macro I just have: ShowIndex