From: Ron on
On Aug 7, 9:43 am, Virus Guy <Vi...(a)Guy.com> wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
> > I was using Safari and got a warning when I visited a URL.
>
> If you're not going to give us the exact url that spawned the warning,
> then why bother posting?
>
> It's a waste of time if we don't have the exact URL so we can grab a
> sample of the malware.

The URL was given.
From: ~BD~ on
Ant wrote:
> "~BD~" wrote:
>
>> I was using Safari and got a warning when I visited a URL
>
> - - -
> $> wget -s h**p://uncoached.com/
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:58:03 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.16 (CentOS)
> Last-Modified: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:29:02 GMT
> ETag: "f70c8-63-48d1535b92b80"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> The site is currently down for maitenance. It will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience
> - - -
>
> Nothing to warn about there. Perhaps they were compromised and are
> cleaning up.

*Now* you may enjoy the photographs of the luxury yacht!

http://www.uncoached.com/2010/04/06/luxury-yacht/

Fancy a cruise? ;-)
From: ~BD~ on
Toxic wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:58:37 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:
>

>> I've always been led to believe that 'https' (padlocked) sites are safe
>> to use, but on this occasion I received yet another warning (from the
>> Browser, I think - Sea Monkey) which said ........
>>
>> http://i37.tinypic.com/1z2zof5.jpg
>>
>> I'm simply wondering if there's something not quite bonio fido about
>> what's going on here.
>>
>> Thoughts welcomed from the gurus (and others!)
>

> I get this in Opera;
> http://i36.tinypic.com/23rwzr4.jpg

Thank you. After some 'exploration' on Opera, I found the same thing you
showed.

> which suggests a vulnerability to this;
> http://bit.ly/3UY6fS

That is very interesting, but a bit beyond me. It doesn't sound good!

Cheers

Dave
From: Wolf K on
Someone wrote:
>>> I've always been led to believe that 'https' (padlocked) sites are safe
>>> to use,

Not so. It just means that messages exchanged between it and your
computer are encrypted. This makes the mutual messaging "safe" in the
sense that an outsider who intercepts the messages will be unable to
read them without some effort (usually more than the likely payoff is
worth.)

But the website itself may still be or contain evil.

cheers,
wolf k.
From: Peter Foldes on
Don't feed the Trolls especially this Troll

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ant" <not(a)home.today> wrote in message
> "~BD~" wrote:

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Anti-virus
Next: Redirection: please explain how it's done.