From: jidanni on
I was told to "MSN" somebody. So which MSN replacement program do you
folks recommend of
$ apt-cache search MSN | wc -l
53
given that I don't use KDE etc. but just nodm.

On 8/10/10, jidanni(a)jidanni.org <jidanni(a)jidanni.org> wrote:
> I was told to "MSN" somebody. So which MSN replacement program do you
> folks recommend of
> $ apt-cache search MSN | wc -l
> 53
> given that I don't use KDE etc. but just nodm.

pidgin

It can handle msn, google-talk, jasper, and with the sipe pluging also
communicator, plus other ones...

--
Javier.

jidanni(a)jidanni.org writes:

> I was told to "MSN" somebody. So which MSN replacement program do you
> folks recommend of
> $ apt-cache search MSN | wc -l
> 53
> given that I don't use KDE etc. but just nodm.

I've used amsn in the past and it worked pretty well, but it's been a
couple of years since I've tried it.

--
Burton Samograd

A search engine does wonders.

amsn if you only want msn, pidgin if you want multi.protocol