From: Eric Chevalier on
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:22:06 -0500,
Del Cecchi <cecchinospam(a)us.ibm.com> wrote:

>Or you could go for System 370 Principles of Operation at
>http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pub1ga22700010

Unfortunately, s/370 PoP does not appear to be available online. The
link that you posted takes one to a page offering to sell a copies for
USD $11.25 each. :-(

Eric
From: John R. Levine on
In article <0haha195npm4lvgam41siilals1s99opes(a)4ax.com>,
Eric Chevalier <etech(a)tulsagrammer.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:22:06 -0500,
>Del Cecchi <cecchinospam(a)us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>>Or you could go for System 370 Principles of Operation at
>>http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pub1ga22700010
>
>Unfortunately, s/370 PoP does not appear to be available online.

Visit the s/390 PoP:

http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/books/dz9ar008

Appendixes D, E, and F describe in detail the differences between the
370, 370-XA, ESA/370, and ESA/390. The changes to the instruction set
are all just new cruft on top of the existing 370 architecture so
although the details are mind-numbing, it's easy enough to see what's
underneath. The changes to the I/O system are more complex but it
doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for.

Just out of nosiness, why do you want the 370 rather than the more
recent versions?
From: Bill Planer on
If you really want S/370 instead of more current processors, try

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/370/GA22-7000-4_370PoO_Sep75.pdf

An S/360 POP is also available on that site.

Bill

From: glen herrmannsfeldt on
Del Cecchi wrote:

(someone wrote)

>>> Does anyone know any links for the IBM 360/370 instruction set
>>> architecture?
>>> I've been looking for it for a very looooong time but i've found no
>>> good site about it. I just need a list of instructions for 360/370,
>>> addressing modes and instruction formats. Please help me

(snip)

> Or you could go for System 370 Principles of Operation at
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pub1ga22700010

That one will sell you the manual for $11.25 plus tax, but
including UPS ground shipping. It is fairly large, maybe 500
or 600 pages, pretty reasonable for the price.

The ESA/390 and z/ Principles of Operation are also reasonably
priced in most versions. Check all the versions, the prices don't
always follow an obvious pattern.

-- glen

From: Adam_L on
Thank you veeeery much for your help :D