From: Adam_L on
Hi,

Does anyone know any links for the IBM 360/370 instruction set
architecture?
I've been looking for it for a very looooong time but i've found no
good site about it. I just need a list of instructions for 360/370,
addressing modes and instruction formats. Please help me

Adam

From: Eric Chevalier on
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:16:40 -0500,
adamlipinski(a)megapolis-dot-pl.no-spam.invalid (Adam_L) wrote:

>Does anyone know any links for the IBM 360/370 instruction set
>architecture?
>I've been looking for it for a very looooong time but i've found no
>good site about it. I just need a list of instructions for 360/370,
>addressing modes and instruction formats. Please help me

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/dz9zr003.pdf

(This document covers IBM's "z/Architecture", which is the current
descendant of the 360/370 ISA.)

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier E-mail: etech(a)tulsagrammer.com
Web: www.tulsagrammer.com
From: Ron Peterson on

Adam_L wrote:

> Does anyone know any links for the IBM 360/370 instruction set
> architecture?
> I've been looking for it for a very looooong time but i've found no
> good site about it. I just need a list of instructions for 360/370,
> addressing modes and instruction formats. Please help me

IBM has very much documentation on their web site. You might find
ESA/390 Principles of Operation helpful.

I have an old System/370 Reference Summary card which might give you
all that you want, but I really think that you should look at the above
document.

--
Ron

From: John R. Levine on
>Does anyone know any links for the IBM 360/370 instruction set
>architecture?
>I've been looking for it for a very looooong time but i've found no
>good site about it. I just need a list of instructions for 360/370,
>addressing modes and instruction formats. Please help me

IBM has put most of their mainframe manuals online. The ESA/390
principles of operation are available as a rather large PDF at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/dz9ar008.pdf

The reference card, which is now 74 pages long and probably has what
you need, is http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/dz9ar900.pdf

From: Del Cecchi on
John R. Levine wrote:
>>Does anyone know any links for the IBM 360/370 instruction set
>>architecture?
>>I've been looking for it for a very looooong time but i've found no
>>good site about it. I just need a list of instructions for 360/370,
>>addressing modes and instruction formats. Please help me
>

> IBM has put most of their mainframe manuals online. The ESA/390
> principles of operation are available as a rather large PDF at
> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/dz9ar008.pdf
>
> The reference card, which is now 74 pages long and probably has what
> you need, is http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/dz9ar900.pdf

Or you could go for System 370 Principles of Operation at
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pub1ga22700010