From: Hans on
Hi,

Sorry about the cross posting.

I used to write utilities with Turbo C and Borland C++ Builder in the
early 1990. I retired at 65 a few month ago and want to rewrite some of
utilities and other items to run on 64bit Linux.

To my surprise, I can not finds a IDE with a context senitive help
system like that with Borland C++ Builder where I can look up C library
functions, macros, required headers, sample code, etc.

I tried ANJUTA. Works Ok, except there is no context sensitive help for
C library functions, etc and I can't find a "doc_book" for the purpose.

Does anyone know a suitable IDE that has the desired help system. (Kylix
is dead)

Hans
From: WLS on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 22:55:46 +1000, Hans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry about the cross posting.
>
> I used to write utilities with Turbo C and Borland C++ Builder in the
> early 1990. I retired at 65 a few month ago and want to rewrite some of
> utilities and other items to run on 64bit Linux.
>
> To my surprise, I can not finds a IDE with a context senitive help
> system like that with Borland C++ Builder where I can look up C library
> functions, macros, required headers, sample code, etc.
>
> I tried ANJUTA. Works Ok, except there is no context sensitive help for
> C library functions, etc and I can't find a "doc_book" for the purpose.
>
> Does anyone know a suitable IDE that has the desired help system. (Kylix
> is dead)
>
> Hans

Have you looked at Eclipse?

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/
galileosr2

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: 1jam on
My favorites are codeblocks, and eclipse. I'm not sure context sensitive
help works out of the box, but you can set it up for both i'm pretty sure.