From: Casperius on
hello all,

lately I have a problem with updating through zypper, it lists
available updates, but when I do zypper up it lists that some updates
will NOT be installed, and procedes with update of listed files from the
zypper lu list (those files that won't be intalled are not shown in
available updates in zypper lu)
From: Eef Hartman on
Casperius <brunoNO(a)wizardhostspam.hr> wrote:
> lately I have a problem with updating through zypper, it lists
> available updates, but when I do zypper up it lists that some updates
> will NOT be installed, and procedes with update of listed files from the
> zypper lu list (those files that won't be intalled are not shown in
> available updates in zypper lu)

Sometimes
zypper up -t package
will do updates that are complete package replacements, the default
is to do only the "patch" cq "delta" type of upgrades.

And sometimes I even need a full capability update to get the versions
I want, like for the newer NVidia driver:

rpm -qa |grep ^nvidia-gfxG02
test "$?" = 0 && zypper in -C 'nvidia-gfxG02-kmp-pae>195.0' 'x11-video-nvidiaG02>195.0'

Due to some strange reason zypper saw these as a "vendor change" so TO
get the 195 versions I needed something like this.
The test, of course, is to make sure there already was a gfx02 version
of the NVidia driver and libs installed (because I need a "install"
command, but I want a update).
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-278 82525 **
From: Casperius on
On 05/17/2010 10:12 AM, Eef Hartman wrote:
> Sometimes
> zypper up -t package
/cut

this option says nothing to do.