From: Penang on
Just read a description of a new IDE (for Java) and find it pretty
neat.

It's called "Code Bubble", and their new idea is, instead of files,
the IDE shows "fragments" instead.

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/acb/codebubbles_site.htm

They even have a you-tube thingy to show how it work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsPX0nElJ0k

Wonder if the idea can be useful for the ASM folks?
From: Branimir Maksimovic on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:21:53 -0800 (PST)
Penang <kalambong(a)nospicedham.gmail.com> wrote:

> Just read a description of a new IDE (for Java) and find it pretty
> neat.
>
> It's called "Code Bubble", and their new idea is, instead of files,
> the IDE shows "fragments" instead.
>
> http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/acb/codebubbles_site.htm
>
> They even have a you-tube thingy to show how it work:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsPX0nElJ0k
>
> Wonder if the idea can be useful for the ASM folks?

Why not?

Greets

--
http://maxa.homedns.org/

Sometimes online sometimes not

From: Nathan Baker on

"Penang" <kalambong(a)nospicedham.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just read a description of a new IDE (for Java) and find it pretty
> neat.
>
> It's called "Code Bubble", and their new idea is, instead of files,
> the IDE shows "fragments" instead.

The "eye-candy" *bubble* part may be new, but the concept sure isn't. Take
a look at Visual Objects for an example: http://www.cavo.com/

> http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/acb/codebubbles_site.htm
>
> They even have a you-tube thingy to show how it work:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsPX0nElJ0k
>
> Wonder if the idea can be useful for the ASM folks?

Already been done. Take a look at RosAsm: http://betov.free.fr/

Nathan.

From: Alexei A. Frounze on
On Mar 11, 12:08 am, "Nathan Baker" <nathancba...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> "Penang" <kalamb...(a)nospicedham.gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Just read a description of a new IDE (for Java) and find it pretty
> > neat.
>
> > It's called "Code Bubble", and their new idea is, instead of files,
> > the IDE shows "fragments" instead.
>
> The "eye-candy" *bubble* part may be new, but the concept sure isn't.  Take
> a look at Visual Objects for an example:  http://www.cavo.com/

Yep, it's basically a form of task-centric interface, rather than
program- or file-centric.

Alex
From: wolfgang kern on

Penang posted:

> Just read a description of a new IDE (for Java) and find it pretty
> neat.

one more definition of the abbrev: IDE ? :)

> It's called "Code Bubble", and their new idea is, instead of files,
> the IDE shows "fragments" instead.

> http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/acb/codebubbles_site.htm

> They even have a you-tube thingy to show how it work:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsPX0nElJ0k
<q>
Wonder if the idea can be useful for the ASM folks?
</q>

Perhaps useful for those who like this kind of view on screen.
I, and I'm sure all my clients as well, wont ever want such
kiddy-styled gimmicks. And btw: this idea isn't 'that' new
just look at 'G', the language rather than "the point" yet :).

Of course, I use partial read/edit/write for text/table/dbank
/config and codemodule-files since decades already,
but w/o giving this feature a special name, and the range-info
is shown in a rectangular msg-box and not in a curled bubble...
__
wolfgang