From: Bill Watt on

Anything wrong with IE 6 SP1 on a 98 SE machine?

I don't use IE, only when required and am running into some
limitations with IE 5.5

Regards,

Bill Watt
Win98 Computer Help & Other Information
http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

From: philo on

"Bill Watt" <nobwatt(a)ptd.net> wrote in message

> Anything wrong with IE 6 SP1 on a 98 SE machine?
>
> I don't use IE, only when required and am running into some
> limitations with IE 5.5

I install IE6 on all win98 machines that I setup (whether the owner intends
to use it or not)
Not once has it caused a problem.

(IE7 on an XP machine is a whole different story)

From: Brian G on
Bill Watt wrote:
> Anything wrong with IE 6 SP1 on a 98 SE machine?
>
> I don't use IE, only when required and am running into some
> limitations with IE 5.5
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Watt
> Win98 Computer Help & Other Information
> http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

None whatsoever Bill, I used it on 98SE from about six months after it came
out ( I never download a brand new Microsoft product for at least six
months) right up until I changed to XP Home last year (updated it to SP2 and
all patches) - and still using it now on XP!

Brian G

From: user on

"Bill Watt" <nobwatt(a)ptd.net> wrote in message news:dnkvt2tmt7p13vdsc370000bvaeud67kgt(a)4ax.com...

> Anything wrong with IE 6 SP1 on a 98 SE machine?
>
> I don't use IE, only when required and am running into some
> limitations with IE 5.5
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Watt
> Win98 Computer Help & Other Information
> http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

By all means install it...but,
look out for that prob with deleting
a large amount of files in win-explorer..
http://www.frankprovo.com/win98ie6filesproblem.htm

From: Stuart Miller on

"user" <noemail.com> wrote in message

> "Bill Watt" <nobwatt(a)ptd.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Anything wrong with IE 6 SP1 on a 98 SE machine?
>>
>> I don't use IE, only when required and am running into some
>> limitations with IE 5.5
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bill Watt
>> Win98 Computer Help & Other Information
>> http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/
>>

> By all means install it...but,
> look out for that prob with deleting
> a large amount of files in win-explorer..
> http://www.frankprovo.com/win98ie6filesproblem.htm

I find no problem with IE6 and win98SE, but I had forgotten about the delete
files problem on windows explorer (which is same program). Whne you have a
lot of files to clean up, do not delete them. Move them all to a holding
folder on the same drive, when you get them all moved, delete the folder and
re-boot immediately.

Various IE security updates are a good idea.

Stuart

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: USB 2.0 problems in Win98S.E.