From: Smurfman on
I have the EXACT same issue right now, mine stops at 1 item remaining.

I use Group Policies, and have found that it does not happen on ALL
workstations.

Were you able to find a solution, or fix this?

Thanks

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
(cross-post added to XP Networking)
"Smurfman" <smurfman(a)news.postalias> wrote in message
>I have the EXACT same issue right now, mine stops at 1 item remaining.

Have you tried tracing the symptom? E.g. is the request being issued?
What does the connection path look like? E.g. are there any proxy servers
third-party firewall, etc. involved?

FWIW I sometimes see this symptom when I am using Fiddler
and browsing a site which is using doubleclick.net for serving ads.
It looks as if the doubleclick servers refuse to send through a proxy.
E.g. as soon as I stop using Fiddler I can see the whole page.
I suspect that a problem for IE in that case might be that it can't stop
the request because Fiddler is doing it. I think it would be useful
if Fiddler had a means of abandoning its requests, at least manually.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

From: carbonejim on
On Mar 30, 6:59 pm, "Robert Aldwinckle" <rob...(a)techemail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >> higher levels (to 10, 64 and 200)
>
> >> No solutions have worked. It seems like the more external pieces of
> >> content that exist to load, the more likely the page will not complete.
>
> >> Here are some KB articles for this issue:
>
> >> + Internet Explorer may appear to stop responding when requesting many
> >> objects
> >> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q818506)
>
> >> + Cached HTC files generate additional GET requests in Internet
> >> Explorer 6
> >> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q840312)
> >> Maybe this is related??? My HTC files don't load!
>
> >> The problem is that most fixes in the Knowledge base seem to be to load
> >> IE6 SP1. I am running IE6 SP2 or IE7.
>
> >> Has anyone seen this behavior? The issue is bad because the files that
> >> are not loading run necessary controls.- Hide quoted text -

I have not found a reason yet, but will keep this updated if I can.
We put it on the backburner for a while. Does the loading page use
HTC files? We have some controls on the page that call a web service
async. We think that these requests might be hanging it up as well.

-Jim