From: Ur Pal Al on
I have just narrowed down which process is resetting the Disable Script
Debugger option... it is IE. I used regmon to monitor the registry
keys ('Disable Script Debugger' & 'DisableScriptDebuggerIE') and sure
enough... IE itself resets these settings.

Any ideas to resolve this?

Thanks,
Al

From: Ur Pal Al on
Also, I noticed that IE is continously trying to reset these opts and
does not stop until it is closed down.

Al

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"Ur Pal Al" <alexdavis(a)cybercom-intl.com> wrote in message news:1119272438.933269.165920(a)g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Also, I noticed that IE is continously trying to reset these opts and
> does not stop until it is closed down.

Suspect spyware. If you're lucky it will only be implemented using BHO.
So to test that possibility uncheck (in Options, Advanced tab)
Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)

More generally you could use BHODemon (from DefinitiveSolutions).

BTW always disclose your OS. If you have XPsp2 you could use
its new Manage Add-ons feature (Alt-T,A) as a simpler alternative
to both of the above more common options.

Of course if you have malware which is powerful enough to disable
script debugging (which requires restart to work) it's possible it is
also powerful enough to disable this diagnostic too.

See others' posts for more detailed instructions on how to deal
with this type of problem.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

From: Ur Pal Al on
Mr. Aldwinckle,
THANK YOU so much. That did the trick.

Apparently I had some add ons that I was unaware of... I have ran
several anti spy/ad ware software as well as anti-virus.

PCTools Browser Monitor is the culpret.

Thanks Again,
Alex