From: Peter on
When I open IE7 it takes ages to load my home page.

The home page is saved as a local file on its own within a folder in
my docs.

Anyone know why it would take so long to load? Even after I have
cleaned everything on my system and got rid of all cookies etc it
still takes about 15 secs for page to display.

From: Kyote on

-
-The home page is saved as a local file on its own within a folder in
-my docs.
-
-Anyone know why it would take so long to load? Even after I have
-cleaned everything on my system and got rid of all cookies etc it
-still takes about 15 sec's for page to display.
-

By saying 'cleaned everything' do you mean you've run some malware
removal tools as well? If not try the following programs and make sure
they're updated before you scan your system with them.

Superantispyware
Malewarebytes
Spybot: S & D

Also, when finished running those and allowing them to remove any
found problems, get the following program.

Advanced System Care 3

Of course, you might want to get CCleaner, by Pirirform, and run it
first. That's to be sure you've cleaned up everything. That way the
malware scanners above wont have to scan through more than they need
to.

Hope this helps Mate.
--
Kyote

sends.hearty("Greetings!");
From: James D. Andrews on

"Peter" <inc(a)ztec.com> wrote in message
> When I open IE7 it takes ages to load my home page.
>
> The home page is saved as a local file on its own within a folder in
> my docs.
>
> Anyone know why it would take so long to load? Even after I have
> cleaned everything on my system and got rid of all cookies etc it
> still takes about 15 secs for page to display.

First: Scan for malware & viruses - I recommend Malwarebytes and Avast
antivirus. Others here will have their own personal favorites.

If you still have problems after that:

If your computer supports it, you should go ahead and upgrade to IE8.
There's not much difference between the two and IE8 doesn't have quite as
many glitches (at least from my own experiences).

Clean your registry - BACKUP your system first (at least a System Restore
point).
You should probably use a program like CCleaner. Be very careful when doing
this. If you're in doubt about whether it's safe to delete a particular
entry: don't.

Examine your home page link to see if something is wrong.

From: - Bobb - on
"The home page is saved as a local file"
does that mean that
1. your home page is a Local file that you created ?
Or
2. was it a real webpage that you saved once, and now reload ?

If 2 - might it still have links to live weblinks - that have since changed
?
Or use IE8 programming ?
Go to that real webpage and save IT now.
Retry with new page saved - OK now ?

If 1 , are they links to real websites ? or local links ?