From: George OK on
I got this update last week and it caused a security alert when I opened a
file in my documents>local folder. I uninstalled it and it reinstalled itself
after another auto update. The pop up alert says "This page has an
unspecified security flaw......" That's all well and good except it's a
system file, not a web page. How do I get rid of these alerts if I want to? I
think they're a pain in the a..!
--
George OK
From: Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM on
"George OK" <GeorgeOK(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got this update last week and it caused a security alert when I opened a
> file in my documents>local folder. I uninstalled it and it reinstalled
> itself
> after another auto update. The pop up alert says "This page has an
> unspecified security flaw......" That's all well and good except it's a
> system file, not a web page. How do I get rid of these alerts if I want
> to? I
> think they're a pain in the a..!
> --
> George OK

If it's a System file what is it doing in My Documents?
What file is it?
Windows version?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

From: George OK on
I didn't completely explain the problem...sorry. I keep a shortcut on my
desktop to more easily access internet files to delete....I like to get rid
of them frequently. Here is the target of the shortcut: "C:\Documents and
Settings\George & Jan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files", so the file
actually accessed is 'Temporary Internet Files'. The security alert only
appears when I click the shortcut, but not if I go to the actual file and
open it.
--
George OK