From: Stefan Weiss on
On 05/03/10 01:02, Stefan Weiss wrote:
> We're having trouble with a half-transparent <div> overlay which is
> displayed as opaque in IE7 on Windows Vista. I've been battling with
> this bug for a couple of months now, with only limited success, so I
> kindly request the wisdom of this group.

(replying to myself...)
My latest blind guess has just come back negative. I'd be very grateful
for *any* advice about how to solve this problem, even if you're not
sure what the real cause is. Any kind of feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

--
stefan
From: rf on

"Stefan Weiss" <krewecherl(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 05/03/10 01:02, Stefan Weiss wrote:
>> We're having trouble with a half-transparent <div> overlay which is
>> displayed as opaque in IE7 on Windows Vista. I've been battling with
>> this bug for a couple of months now, with only limited success, so I
>> kindly request the wisdom of this group.
>
> (replying to myself...)
> My latest blind guess has just come back negative. I'd be very grateful
> for *any* advice about how to solve this problem, even if you're not
> sure what the real cause is. Any kind of feedback would be greatly
> appreciated.

And where might this half-transparent overlay be? Hint: URL?

From: Stefan Weiss on
On 16/03/10 01:38, rf wrote:
> "Stefan Weiss" <krewecherl(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 05/03/10 01:02, Stefan Weiss wrote:
>>> We're having trouble with a half-transparent <div> overlay which is
>>> displayed as opaque in IE7 on Windows Vista. I've been battling with
>>> this bug for a couple of months now, with only limited success, so I
>>> kindly request the wisdom of this group.
>>
>> (replying to myself...)
>> My latest blind guess has just come back negative. I'd be very grateful
>> for *any* advice about how to solve this problem, even if you're not
>> sure what the real cause is. Any kind of feedback would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>
> And where might this half-transparent overlay be? Hint: URL?

In an intranet application, not accessible from the web. I'd love to
provide a reduced example, but (most of) the page is generated by
JavaScript, which is in turn generated by Java, and I don't have the
authority to share any code, or even the HTML result :-(

If we can't find a way around this issue, I may well be forced to create
a stand-alone example, but please bear in mind that I can't test in the
customer's environment, so it's going to take some time until I get it
right. I know, it's an awkward situation... I personally wouldn't have
any problem at all with posting the complete HTML+CSS, but I can't.

Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping that *someone* has seen something like
this bug before, and can give advice.

--
stefan
From: dorayme on
In article <eqAnn.13233$pv.10252(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
"rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:

> "Stefan Weiss" <krewecherl(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On 05/03/10 01:02, Stefan Weiss wrote:
> >> We're having trouble with a half-transparent <div> overlay which is
> And where might this half-transparent overlay be?

I did see something flash by in my street just now. Which, of
course, now reminds me:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/gardenParty.html>

--
dorayme
From: dorayme on
In article <q5ydnX24YdxkeQPWnZ2dnUVZ8tqdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
Stefan Weiss <krewecherl(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/03/10 01:38, rf wrote:
> > "Stefan Weiss" <krewecherl(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > And where might this half-transparent overlay be? Hint: URL?
>
> In an intranet application, not accessible from the web. I'd love to
> provide a reduced example,

How about a clue about the sort of CSS being used, just some
hints, mind you. Ditto the HTML. We are prepared to pay (like
newspaper journalists and street detectives).

--
dorayme