From: Ed Mullen on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> On this page:
>>
>> http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
>
> 404. Ed, you forgot the ".net" in your links, here and in your other
> thread.

Yeah, I noticed that in replying to dorayme's post. Was using my local
server at the time.

>> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
>> and Safari.
>
> The easiest way, as dorayme points out with the Yucca page, is to have
> your code place a space in the empty ones:

Yep, got it. Thanks!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: BootNic on
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 01:39:43 -0400
Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

> On this page:
>
> http://edmullen.net/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
>
> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
> and Safari.
>
> CSS
> http://edmullen.net/styles/default.css
> http://edmullen.net/styles/ahs.css
>
> Any ideas?

Check the compatibility view settings.

One could add:
and or send:

• php => header("X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge");

• apache => Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"

Check the Developer tools as well to see if it is set to a backwards
view.

--
BootNic Sun Jul 18, 2010 02:54 pm
Humor is just another defense against the universe.
From: dorayme on
In article <3trudg.9ba.19.3(a)news.alt.net>,
Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article<3tqpjv.ptj.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
> > Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
> >
> >> On this page:
> >>
> >> http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
> >>
> >> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
> >> and Safari.
> >
> > Not found?
> >
> > So, in the meantime, what can one say except that maybe read:
> >
> > <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML/emptycells.html>
> >

> Thanks, dorayme. I'll look at the page in more detail later. However,
> at first glance, all the table look identical in Mozilla AND IE8. Which
> is not what's happening to my tables.

Ever since the the year dot, I have been putting in &nbsp; into
empty cells that I want borders for in real tables; not sure if I
did this before or after reading Korpela, browsers differ and
they will continue to differ until I become ruler of the world
and impose more order. My rule will be different to the ruler in
the Ang Lee film, Lust, Caution, but I very much like this
ruler's idea of allowing a bunch of minstrels to reside in the
palace.

--
dorayme
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<3trudg.9ba.19.3(a)news.alt.net>,
> Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:

>>> Not found?
>>>
>>> So, in the meantime, what can one say except that maybe read:
>>>
>>> <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML/emptycells.html>
>>>

>> Thanks, dorayme. I'll look at the page in more detail later. However,
>> at first glance, all the table look identical in Mozilla AND IE8. Which
>> is not what's happening to my tables.
>
> Ever since the the year dot, I have been putting in&nbsp; into
> empty cells that I want borders for in real tables; not sure if I
> did this before or after reading Korpela, browsers differ and
> they will continue to differ until I become ruler of the world
> and impose more order. My rule will be different to the ruler in
> the Ang Lee film, Lust, Caution, but I very much like this
> ruler's idea of allowing a bunch of minstrels to reside in the
> palace.

My brother-in-law (the PhD in Physics) once told me: "When I become
King all screws will be Torx-head!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

I'm all for this as long as there are minstrals in the palace as well.
He assures me I can play my guitars there.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Ed Mullen on
BootNic wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 01:39:43 -0400
> Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>
>> On this page:
>>
>> http://edmullen.net/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
>>
>> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
>> and Safari.
>>
>> CSS
>> http://edmullen.net/styles/default.css
>> http://edmullen.net/styles/ahs.css
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Check the compatibility view settings.
>
> One could add:
> and or send:
>
> • php => header("X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge");
>
> • apache => Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"
>
> Check the Developer tools as well to see if it is set to a backwards
> view.

Thanks, will do.

--
Ed Mullen