From: Ed Mullen on
On this page:

http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php

empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
and Safari.

CSS
http://edmullen/styles/default.css
http://edmullen/styles/ahs.css

Any ideas?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: dorayme on
In article <3tqpjv.ptj.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

> On this page:
>
> http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
>
> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
> and Safari.

Not found?

So, in the meantime, what can one say except that maybe read:

<http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML/emptycells.html>

--
dorayme
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Ed Mullen wrote:

> On this page:
>
> http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php

404. Ed, you forgot the ".net" in your links, here and in your other
thread.

> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
> and Safari.

The easiest way, as dorayme points out with the Yucca page, is to have
your code place a space in the empty ones: &nbsp;

--
-bts
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<3tqpjv.ptj.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
> Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>
>> On this page:
>>
>> http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
>>
>> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
>> and Safari.
>
> Not found?
>
> So, in the meantime, what can one say except that maybe read:
>
> <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML/emptycells.html>

Sigh. Sorry, I was looking at it on my local server. It's:

http://edmullen.net/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php

Note the missing "dot net" in the URL. Geez, another example of what
happens when computing after midnight. :-/

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<3tqpjv.ptj.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
> Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>
>> On this page:
>>
>> http://edmullen/abington/ahs_reunion_missing.php
>>
>> empty cells have no border in IE8 but do in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera
>> and Safari.
>
> Not found?
>
> So, in the meantime, what can one say except that maybe read:
>
> <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML/emptycells.html>

Thanks, dorayme. I'll look at the page in more detail later. However,
at first glance, all the table look identical in Mozilla AND IE8. Which
is not what's happening to my tables.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net