From: jeff on
BootNic wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:08:08 -0500
> jeff <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Latest policy is, such as BootNic suggested, to just add this to
>> the template:
>>
>> <!--[if lt IE 8]>
>> .inline-block {display: inline;}
>> zoom: 1;
>> <![endif]-->
>
> Copy/type error yes?

Yes!

zoom goes inside the rule.

Absolutely.

Jeff

From: jeff on
BootNic wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 07:27:16 -0500
> jeff <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> I suppose we should run up a test page, for all the various IE8
>> modes and flavors. Didn't BootNic post a simple demo?
>
> No need, no worries. Simply set the mode you wish to use in the
> document with the appropriate meta element. I suggest the default mode,
> IE=EmulateIE8.

> Understand the rendering results of any mode that may be used.

Does that override what the user may set? Or does it set something
they would have to overide after the page is loaded. Sorry, I don't have
a good grip on IE8.

Jeff

From: BootNic on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:36:47 -0500
jeff <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:

> BootNic wrote:

[snip]

>> No need, no worries. Simply set the mode you wish to use in the
>> document with the appropriate meta element. I suggest the
>> default mode, IE=EmulateIE8.

>> Understand the rendering results of any mode that may be
>> used.
>
> Does that override what the user may set? Or does it set
> something they would have to overide after the page is loaded.
> Sorry, I don't have a good grip on IE8.

Setting X-UA-Compatible either by server or meta will disable the users
ability to toggle the compatibility view and override compatibility
view if the site was added to the list.

meta overrides server.

Developer tools in IE can still override any X-UA-Compatible setting.

Select a mode, continue as it is the only one that is possible.

--
BootNic Wed Mar 3, 2010 04:53 pm
Bootnic is sharp, all right. Of course he can't compare to his

⁕ 131 days remaining