From: texansgal on
I have a worksheet for a meeting that I am trying to get to where I can use
the formula's and it will calculate as soon as the data is pasted from
another report.

I need the following:

Column E will have the following options:
BUY
STK
BUY/STK
STK/BUY
FRT

Column F will have the following options:
CAWPHY
CAWPB
CFWPHY
CFWPB
FRT
(plus way more to list)

The total of each Row is listed in Column J

So, if Column E has "BUY" and Column F has "CAWPHY", I want the sum which is
in Column J to be in cell E39. If Column E has "STK" and Column F has
"CAWPHY", I want the sum which is in Column J to be in cell E40...and so on.

There might 10 rows with the same in Column's E and F with the total of that
line in J that I need listed in the totals section at the bottom.

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME?

Thank you,
Vanessa

From: Fred Smith on
First, you don't want IF or AND.

Second, the function you want is SUMPRODUCT.

However, by far you most effective and simplest solution is a Pivot Table.
Read all about them here:

Regards,
Fred