From: gator on
I use the following formula in Excel and it works...I now want to do this in
a query. Can I add it as an expression in the design grid in a seperate
column and how does the syntax change? I will also want to use TRUE/FALSE
for the result.
=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("TRANSF",H2)),"*", "")
From: KARL DEWEY on
Try this --
My_Output: IIF(InStr([YourFieldName],"TRANSF")>0,"*", "")

--
Build a little, test a little.

"gator" wrote:

> I use the following formula in Excel and it works...I now want to do this in
> a query. Can I add it as an expression in the design grid in a seperate
> column and how does the syntax change? I will also want to use TRUE/FALSE
> for the result.
> =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("TRANSF",H2)),"*", "")

Pages: 1
Prev: unique records Access 2003
Next: version