From: rittzy on
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no"
entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a
certain list.

Example:
Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek)
Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek)
Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list
If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek
If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week

I don't even know if this can be done in Excel but I am being asked to try.
Considering a combination of formulas/macros but have no idea how to pull it
off. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
From: Jacob Skaria on
Select B3. From menu Data>Validation>Allow 'List' and in Source field enter
the below formula..

=IF(A3="Yes",begweek,IF(A3="No",endweek))

--
Jacob