From: Mark on
Hello

as a personal academic project I'd like to implement IGMP snooping for a
24-port Layer2 switch (it already has Linux 2.4 ported). I have read
RFC1112, 2236 and 4541. I generally understand the way IGMP works and what
the snooping exactly does. Right now I'm not very much concerned about the
performance, I want to make it just work :) optimizations etc. will come
later.

Now I'm considering what data structures to use and how to link them
together. Obviously I need linked lists, and I will store IGMP groups in
there (what information except group IP should be saved there?), perhaps
another linked list for hosts, i.e. members of groups. If so, then I'll need
to have links from 'host' linked list to 'group' linked list.

This is only a draft, so I'd be happy to hear some advices and
recommendations regarding structures and overall design tips.

--
Mark