From: Ersek, Laszlo on
Hi,

I wanted to thank Jonathan de Boyne Pollard for his description of
HeliOS in the "How do I send a fd over TCP?" thread. Date: Feb 6, 11:17
pm, Message-ID:
<IU.D20100207.T041749.P15978.Q0(a)J.de.Boyne.Pollard.localhost>, URL:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.programmer/msg/6c4156b19f35d3c5

I can't directly follow up on that message now because the news server I
use here doesn't retain messages in this group this long. I've also
considered mailing him, but he effectively made it impossible to e-mail
him. I apologize for polluting the group, but this is a burden I'm
willing to assume, as not saying thanks would be worse.

So, thank you, Jonathan. (And please reconsider offering a working
e-mail address; I find today's spam filters acceptable.)

Cheers,
lacos
From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on

> So, thank you, Jonathan. (And please reconsider offering a working
> e-mail address; I find today's spam filters acceptable.)

My pleasure. The mailbox in the From: header was and is a valid one, by
the way. In over two decades of this Usenet lark it never hasn't been.
Which is why I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to the UBM problem.
Don't worry, though: where I am now is where you'll all end up
eventually. (-: