From: Jeffrey Walton on
Hi All,

I was working on a DEV machine with Vista with IIS 7.0 and a local SQL
Express 2005. Everything worked fine. I put the website on a memory
stick, copied over to PROD, and now there are SQL connection errors.
PROD has IIS 6.0 and a local SQL Express 2005.

The message is below, but I'm not sure how to T/S because the server
has not changed - it is still "." (local). As far as instances, there
is only one - the default instance - on both DEV and PROD. So there is
no choice there.

The connection string seems to be fairly agnostic: "Data Source=.
\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\MyDatabase.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True"

I did look in IIS Website properties, but did not see a "Database" tab
to try and change settings. I also tried a search, but between blogs
polluting results and and my inability to recognize a good answer, I'm
pretty much SOL.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Jeff

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while
establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or
was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that
SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL
Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance
Specified)

Pages: 1
Prev: iisadmpwd questions
Next: IIS crash dump results