From: wildgoosed on
Hey everyone, this is my first post to this group. Nice to see that it
is pretty active.

A little background information before I present my problem.

I have a large user base that primarily uses outlook web access. They
do not have access to workstations on our domain. We are running a
Windows server 2008 domain with Exchange 2007.

Our password policy is setup to expire passwords after 60 days. For
our domain users at the office this is no problem. When they login
windows directs them to a password change screen and they can update
their password.

For my OWA users this is not the case. If they do not listen to the
password expiry warnings, they are simply unable to authenticate and
login after the 60 days. Funny users :)

According to the follow article ( http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/12/09/450238.aspx
) the only ways to allow OWA users to update expired passwords are:

a) Use ISA server ( which we do not have )
b) To use IIS 6 iisadmpwd.

I do have a Windows Server 2003 box around running IIS 6 so I am very
interested in this approach.

I have a few questions I was hoping could get answered. I tried
googling around the best I could before posting here.

1) It seems that there are several ASP scripts with this iisadmpwd
site. A script for changing a users password, a Script for changing a
users password that has already expired ect. Should I build a default
page that guides the users to the appropriate script, depending on the
situation?

2) I thinking that I am going to have to allow anonymous access to
this site as the users can't authenticate. Is that correct?

3) Is there a better way to provide this setup? I am I missing
anything ?

From: wildgoosed on
I first created a default page guiding each visitor to the specific
script they needed, but then I realized that the aexp3.asp will change
passwords that have and have not expired. Best of both worlds.

Is anyone still using IISADMPWD is a similar fashion ?

From: Jeffrey Ingalls on
Good job.

I used to use this page for a way for external people on a trusted VPN to
reset their account passwords. The only thing special I did was to populate
the domain name so that people weren't confused on what to enter.

All the best,
Jeffrey Ingalls