From: Earl Partridge on
I recently upgraded from FrontPage to Expression Web. At one time I did
have IIS installed and used with FrontPage. My system now is a 64-bit
Windows 7 machine, and I have Expression Web 3 installed.

Do I have server capability, either IIS or some other type? If so, how do I
install or activate it?

Earl

From: Dan on

"Earl Partridge" <earlpng(a)pearnet.com> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded from FrontPage to Expression Web. At one time I did
> have IIS installed and used with FrontPage. My system now is a 64-bit
> Windows 7 machine, and I have Expression Web 3 installed.
>
> Do I have server capability, either IIS or some other type? If so, how do
> install or activate it?
>
> Earl

You need Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate - if you have the Home
edition then there is no IIS. A quick Google for windows 7 iis brings up
this as the first result

http://digitizor.com/2009/02/20/how-to-install-microsoft-iis-server-on-windows-7/

--
Dan

From: Earl Partridge on
Thanks, I overlooked that piece. OK, I have upgraded to Windows 7
Professional
and I believe I have IIS running correctly. In the IIS Management, I added
the specific
location where my folder & .asp page resides. I am still not able to read
data from
the MS Access database. Wondering if I might have to reinstall Expression
Web
for it to be aware of IIS???
Earl

From: Dan on
You cannot use Access databases with IIS in 64-bit mode - there is no 64-bit
Jet driver. You will have to switch IIS to run your site in 32-bit mode, I
don't have any details on how to do this as I've never had to do it myself.

Dan