From: . on
Hello, our .asp apps work currently on a win2k server (iis 5) but getting
the above error and other .asp pages not working on a win2k3 server (iis 6)
internet explorer 8 with suppossedly the same server configurations since
this the goal here is an OS upgrade migration in using same ip after
switching machines? Thanks in advance.

From: Dan on

"." <nothing(a)nothing.com> wrote in message
> Hello, our .asp apps work currently on a win2k server (iis 5) but getting
> the above error and other .asp pages not working on a win2k3 server (iis
> 6) internet explorer 8 with suppossedly the same server configurations
> since this the goal here is an OS upgrade migration in using same ip after
> switching machines? Thanks in advance.

And what ActiveX component is it that you're getting the error with? It's
very likely that the DLL doesn't exist on the new server, or the permissions
don't allow it to be run (the default security settings in IIS6 are a lot
more restrictive than in IIS5).

--
Dan

From: . on
Thanks Dan, appreciate it. That's what I'm kind of pondering also if it's
missing and/or needs a .dll to be registered. Would you know what .dll
(probably related to VBScripting perhaps?) and the location I can look for
arounds? Just to name a couple are CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") and
CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail").

From: . on
One in particular I'm getting an error is:

ActiveX component can't create object: 'MSSTDFMT.StdDataFormat'

Thanks again.

From: . on
Looks like I'll use CDO instead of CDONTS which looks like I have it working using the following:

<%
Set objEMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set objConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set Confi = objConfig.Fields
Confi("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 1
Confi("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverpickupdirectory") = "C:\inetpub\mailroot\pickup"
Confi.Update
Set objEMail.Configuration = objConfig
objEMail.To = "malpani(a)bindbindni.org"
objEMail.From = "mroopesh(a)hotmail.com"
objEMail.Subject = "Test"
objEMail.TextBody = "This is a test mail"
objEMail.Send
Set objEMail = Nothing

Response.Write("Message Sent")
%>

....which I found at http://p2p.wrox.com/asp-cdo/18700-sending-email-using-cdosys-asp.html

Question though, in the Confi variable in the above which lists the http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/ as part of the setting is it sending the email using Microsoft's smtp server and/or why does it need to reference an outside link?...can there be a way to write the code using ours and not reference that microsoft link or am I off on this logic?

Thanks in advance.

"." <nothing(a)nothing.com> wrote in message news:%236y0gaQJLHA.1016(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Dan, appreciate it. That's what I'm kind of pondering also if it's
> missing and/or needs a .dll to be registered. Would you know what ..dll
> (probably related to VBScripting perhaps?) and the location I can look for
> arounds? Just to name a couple are CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") and
> CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail").
>

> "Dan" <news(a)worldofspack.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "." <nothing(a)nothing.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello, our .asp apps work currently on a win2k server (iis 5) but getting
>>> the above error and other .asp pages not working on a win2k3 server (iis
>>> 6) internet explorer 8 with suppossedly the same server configurations
>>> since this the goal here is an OS upgrade migration in using same ip
>>> after switching machines? Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> And what ActiveX component is it that you're getting the error with? It's
>> very likely that the DLL doesn't exist on the new server, or the
>> permissions don't allow it to be run (the default security settings in
>> IIS6 are a lot more restrictive than in IIS5).
>>
>> --
>> Dan
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3