From: Dan on
Looks like 'MSSTDFMT.StdDataFormat' is installed by Visual Studio 6.

CDONTS will also, as you have already noticed, have to be replaced with CDO.

Dan

From: . on
Thanks Dan. Just wondering what is the recommend method is sending email in
iis 6.0 (cdo, apnetemail, etc..?) and it's necessary configurations/software
to email from asp/aspx pages?

From: Dan on
I don't think there is any recommended way to do it. Personally I use
ASPEmail from Persits as it's a nice simple object to use and is very
reliable, the free version is good but the paid version is adds some nice
additional features such as message queuing (very handy if your SMTP server
is too busy or is down at the time you try to send the email).

From: . on
Having a time factor looks like it's working using the CDO.Message method and it's (http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/) configurations which still not quite clear the logic of having an outside link address to microsoft as part of an internal smtp server (perhaps it's just the field name that looks like an outside url).

As for the ActiveX issue I copied-pasted the 'MSSTDFMT.DLL' from the win2k machine onto the win2k3 machine and registered it using 'regsvr32' and seems the app is working so hoping that won't cause any further issues.

Thanks for your helpful insight Dan, much appreciated, cheers :-)

From: Dan on
There isn't actually an "outside link" to Microsoft - it's simply an XML
schema name. It's a way of defining the "field" value in the object.

> Having a time factor looks like it's working using the CDO.Message method
> and it's (http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/) configurations
> which still not quite clear the logic of having an outside link address to
> microsoft as part of an internal smtp server (perhaps it's just the field
> name that looks like an outside url).
>
> As for the ActiveX issue I copied-pasted the 'MSSTDFMT.DLL' from the win2k
> machine onto the win2k3 machine and registered it using 'regsvr32' and
> seems the app is working so hoping that won't cause any further issues.
>
> Thanks for your helpful insight Dan, much appreciated, cheers :-)
>

> "Dan" <news(a)worldofspack.com> wrote in message
>>I don't think there is any recommended way to do it. Personally I use
>> ASPEmail from Persits as it's a nice simple object to use and is very
>> reliable, the free version is good but the paid version is adds some nice
>> additional features such as message queuing (very handy if your SMTP
>> server
>> is too busy or is down at the time you try to send the email).
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> "." <nothing(a)nothing.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Dan. Just wondering what is the recommend method is sending
>>> email
>>> in iis 6.0 (cdo, apnetemail, etc..?) and it's necessary
>>> configurations/software to email from asp/aspx pages?
>>>

>>> "Dan" <news(a)worldofspack.com> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: IIS & Expression Web
Next: Single App Set with appcmd ?