From: aluciani on
Hello Everyone,

This is my challenge, I have a W2K3 IIS 6 internal webserver hosting
one two websites.

I need to bring down/up one of the websites at a specific time every
two weeks.

Q1. Does anyone know how I can proceed?

Q2. When the website goes down the end user would like to see a custom
page indicating that the website is down for maintenance and will be
back up @ x:xx time/date. How can I do do this/

I am new to IIS, but am looking forward to learning and contributing
to this newsgroup with my experience.

Thanks for the help
From: Trevor Benedict on
If you have control over your application code (guessing it is an inhouse
application), you can change the program to lookup from a database and
redirect users to a specific page.

or

you can take a look @
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/8647daf0-ec45-430c-9c3a-a54609ec92a7.mspx?mfr=true
and script it. Then use a scheduler to run the task. Implement some alert /
paging mechanism so that you keep a track of what is happening.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict.