From: inenewbl on
Hi all. I have a active website running on iis7 on win2008. However on 1 fine
day, the WWW service stopped with no user intervention. I could not see from
the application or system logs why the service was stopped. Is there any
other logs that can help to determine this? THks in advance.
From: Trevor Benedict on
Let's say there is a ASP.NET website written in .NET using Asynchronous
calls to perform tasks using the Threads from a ThreadPool and the exception
was not handled under a particular scenario. I have seen issues where the
application pool just dies after the specific number of errors.

If you have an option to enable logging in your application, do so and see
if you can identify a pattern. That would be your starting point.You won't
be able to find the issue the first time. most probably whatever is
happening beyond what is logged is causing the issue.

Do you have an App Pool Recycle setup.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict