From: dave on
We have a website which uses 32 bit components.
This is a pure .asp website, there are no managed components.

We set this up using an application pool set to be 32 bit, then run our
website using this application pool.

When we try to run the website the application pool stops running and we get
an error in the browser:
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Event viewer web server section has the following errors:

:A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '8672' serving
application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure. The
data field contains the error number.

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '8952' serving
application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure. The
data field contains the error number.

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '2868' serving
application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure. The
data field contains the error number.

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '7364' serving
application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure. The
data field contains the error number.

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '8416' serving
application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure. The
data field contains the error number.

Application pool 'DefaultAppPool' is being automatically disabled due to a
series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

I have looked for fixes online and came accross one where you enter
bitness64 into tthe config file but this doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

TIA Dave