From: Allyn on
We have a Win2K3 SP3 with IIS running for some time with a secure site, and
this server is also running Exchange 2K3 with SP2. A couple days ago, I
implemented RPC over HTTP, and I know that just yesterday the secure web
service was running OK. There hasn't been a reboot, but today I cannot pull
up the secure default web site. The non-secure pulls up OK.

Netstat -an shows the service is running on the correct port.

IE says it "cannot display the webpage," while Firefox comes back with "The
connection to <servername> was interrupted while the page was loading."

There are two other secure web sites that are running fine on this machine.
It's just the default. I don't see any significant event in the Event Viewer
or IIS log. I've tried to recreate the certificate (self-signed and with our
internal CA server), I've removed the SSL ports and put them back - all with
iisreset after a change.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try? Thanks very much.
From: Ken Schaefer on
Please look in:
a) httperr.log file
b) Windows event log
to see why the 443 binding isn't being set for that site

Cheers
Ken

http://adopenstatic.com/blog