From: Gerhard Reithofer on
Hi TCLers,
there was a dicussion about tcl-based imap protocol client and why it's
not in the tcllib.

I've extended the imap4.tcl code from Salvatore Sanfilippo to provide a
tcl package, I've added some todos from him, implemented the IMAP LIST
command and wrote a tcldoc manpage.

As I don't have the time to work on it continuously I'd like to ask you,
how I could provide the current stuff which should be a good basis for
additional development.

BTW: IMHO it should include the most important functions for
implementing a mail client for IMAP or to automatize IMAP mail handling.

Any hits?

--
Gerhard Reithofer
Tech-EDV Support Forum - http://support.tech-edv.co.at
From: Harald Oehlmann on
On 28 Jun., 10:58, Gerhard Reithofer <gerhard.reitho...(a)tech-
edv.co.at> wrote:
> Hi TCLers,
> there was a dicussion about tcl-based imap protocol client and why it's
> not in the tcllib.
>
> I've extended the imap4.tcl code from Salvatore Sanfilippo to provide a
> tcl package, I've added some todos from him, implemented the IMAP LIST
> command and wrote a tcldoc manpage.
>
> As I don't have the time to work on it continuously I'd like to ask you,
> how I could provide the current stuff which should be a good basis for
> additional development.
>
> BTW: IMHO it should include the most important functions for
> implementing a mail client for IMAP or to automatize IMAP mail handling.
>
> Any hits?

Dear Gerhard,
thank you for that contribution.
IMHO you should think about supporting it and also get maintainer.
Only in this case, the code will stay alive. Many of the TCLLib module
maintainers have no time at all but this is better than no maintainer.
Andreas may look to the code and may answer and invite you to take
this role.

Regards,
Harald
From: Gerhard Reithofer on
Hi Harald

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Harald Oehlmann wrote:

> On 28 Jun., 10:58, Gerhard Reithofer <gerhard.reitho...(a)tech-
> edv.co.at> wrote:
> > Hi TCLers,
> > there was a dicussion about tcl-based imap protocol client and why it's
> > not in the tcllib.

> Dear Gerhard,
> thank you for that contribution.
> IMHO you should think about supporting it and also get maintainer.
> Only in this case, the code will stay alive. Many of the TCLLib module
> maintainers have no time at all but this is better than no maintainer.
> Andreas may look to the code and may answer and invite you to take
> this role.

What do I have to do for that?
The code lies aroung on my machine.
Send it to Andreas K.?

From: APN on
On Jun 28, 6:50 pm, Gerhard Reithofer <gerhard.reitho...(a)tech-
edv.co.at> wrote:
> Hi Harald
>
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Harald Oehlmann wrote:
> > On 28 Jun., 10:58, Gerhard Reithofer <gerhard.reitho...(a)tech-
> > edv.co.at> wrote:
> > > Hi TCLers,
> > > there was a dicussion about tcl-based imap protocol client and why it's
> > > not in the tcllib.

> > Dear Gerhard,
> > thank you for that contribution.
> > IMHO you should think about supporting it and also get maintainer.
> > Only in this case, the code will stay alive. Many of the TCLLib module
> > maintainers have no time at all but this is better than no maintainer.
> > Andreas may look to the code and may answer and invite you to take
> > this role.
>
> What do I have to do for that?
> The code lies aroung on my machine.
> Send it to Andreas K.?
>
> --
>  Gerhard Reithofer
>  Tech-EDV Support Forum -http://support.tech-edv.co.at

tcllib is the best option. But until you can get that sorted out, you
might want to place the code in the Tcl Half-Bakery (at http://wiki.tcl.tk/_repo/)
so it does not get lost.

/Ashok
From: APN on
On Jun 29, 8:22 am, APN <palm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 6:50 pm, Gerhard Reithofer <gerhard.reitho...(a)tech-
>

> edv.co.at> wrote:
> > Hi Harald
>
> > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Harald Oehlmann wrote:

> > > Dear Gerhard,
> > > thank you for that contribution.
> > > IMHO you should think about supporting it and also get maintainer.
> > > Only in this case, the code will stay alive. Many of the TCLLib module
> > > maintainers have no time at all but this is better than no maintainer..
> > > Andreas may look to the code and may answer and invite you to take
> > > this role.
>
> > What do I have to do for that?
> > The code lies aroung on my machine.
> > Send it to Andreas K.?
>
> > --
> >  Gerhard Reithofer
> >  Tech-EDV Support Forum -http://support.tech-edv.co.at
>
> tcllib is the best option. But until you can get that sorted out, you
> might want to place the code in the Tcl Half-Bakery (athttp://wiki.tcl.tk/_repo/)
> so it does not get lost.
>
> /Ashok

And not to forget, add a corresponding link in the Wiki. Do try to
eventually get into Tcllib though, it is a much more controlled
environment.