From: Sooraj S on
Hi,

Is there any inbuild functions to convert a string to an integer in
expect scripts..?
----
i have a string version with value "2108"..
i want to find the older version ie 2108 -1 = 2107 and store it in
another string old_version..

pls help me...

From: Uwe Klein on
Sooraj S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any inbuild functions to convert a string to an integer in
> expect scripts..?
> ----
> i have a string version with value "2108"..
> i want to find the older version ie 2108 -1 = 2107 and store it in
> another string old_version..
>
> pls help me...

# if we assume version numbering to be contiguous:
set version 2108
set old_version [ expr $version - 1 ]

uwe
From: Harald Oehlmann on
On 28 Jun., 12:50, Uwe Klein <uwe_klein_habertw...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Sooraj S wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Is there any inbuild functions to convert a string to an integer in
> > expect scripts..?

There are (at least) two possibilities to convert a string to a
number.
The following version might be a bit bullet-proof:

set String "2108"
if { 1 == [scan $String "%d" Number]} {
incr Number
puts [format "The number is %d" $Number]
} else {
return code error [format "String <%s> is not a number" $String]
}

Why use that ?
To avoid interpretation of the string as octal number.
Try:
set String "012"
incr String
or: