From: Sam Developer on
Hi All,

I have tested my INF for NDIS intermidiate filter driver using
ChkInf.bat.

It gives me following Warings

*IfType Keyword missing from section
*MediaType Keyword missing from section
*PhysicalMediaType Keyword missing from section

Please give me some information to solve these warnings.

Note: WDK 7.1 is used.

Regards,
SAM
From: Thomas F. Divine on
Compare your INFs (there are two) with the WDK Passthru driver's sample
INFs.

Alternatively, start with the Passthru INFs and edit them to match your
driver's characteristics.

Thomas F. Divine
http://www.pcausa.com

From: Sam Developer on
On Aug 5, 10:04 pm, "Thomas F. Divine" <tdivineATpcausaDOTcom> wrote:
> Compare your INFs (there are two) with the WDK Passthru driver's sample
> INFs.
>
> Alternatively, start with the Passthru INFs and edit them to match your
> driver's characteristics.
>
> Thomas F. Divinehttp://www.pcausa.com
>
> "Sam Developer" <iamdeveloper2...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi All,
>
> > I have tested my INF for NDIS intermidiate filter driver using
> > ChkInf.bat.
>
> > It gives me following Warings
>
> > *IfType Keyword missing from section
> > *MediaType Keyword missing from section
> > *PhysicalMediaType Keyword missing from section
>
> > Please give me some information to solve these warnings.
>
> > Note: WDK 7.1 is used.
>
> > Regards,
> > SAM- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

I have tested passthru INF with chkinf.bat.
It also gives me same warnings.

Can you please tell me, What should i do to remove these warnings?

Regards,
SAM
From: Thomas F. Divine on
If the warnings from your INFs are the same as from the Passthru, then you
are OK.

Thomas

From: Luv2Hike on
Those keywords are described at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff570865(VS.85).aspx and are only
required for NDIS 6.0 and later miniport drivers (including the miniport
edge of your IM driver). They are not needed if your IM driver supports the
NDIS 5.x interface.