From: Thomas F. Divine on
You MUST have valid .CAT files for NDIS IM drivers. Actually, you need
signed .CAT files for both the IM driver service and miniport.

The most reliable way to generate valid .CAT files is to use the inf2cat
tool. This not only builds the .CAT for you from each .INF and companion
binaries, it also makes a really good check of the .INFs. In my experience
if inf2cat builds your .CAT without errors you are good to go on and sign
it.

When I tested IM drivers I had to run the same tests twice: Once for the IM
service and once again for the IM miniport. I.e. :Once per .CAT to be
submitted. Of course, the tests (Unclassified...) run were identical for
both the service and the miniport, but those were the hoops. The test
results for but were submitted in one submission package and you get back
two MS-signed .CAT files if they accept your submission.

So, you MUST get the INF test to run.

Good luck! I know it is a hassle.

Thomas F. Divine
http://www.pcausa.com