From: Paul E. Brown Jr. Paul E. Brown on
I have an excel spreadsheet protected by IRM with my Passport ID. I have used
this document almost daily for a long time with no issues and today it says I
do not have access. How can a spreadsheet lose its credentials and is there
anyway for me to get them back? It asks if I want to request permission from
myself but when I click Yes it just opens an e-mail with my address in the
"to:" line.
From: Brian on
I had the exact same problem with a specific Excel file as of yesterday adn
posted my concern in the Excel forum today (below). Is there a problem with
Windows IRM servers?

Hello,
I have a very important .xls file (created in Excel 2003) that I had
protected using my MS Passport account with IRM.
I have opened it many times in the past in both Excel 2003 and 2007.
Now, when I try to open it, I am told that I do not have credentials that
allow me to open this workbook, but that I can request updated permission
from MYSELF.
Of course, to update permissions, I need to be able to open the file in the
first place.
No other users that might have had permission can open the file either.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks
"Paul E. Brown Jr." <Paul E. Brown Jr.(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C468DC34-8001-46B8-BF3F-2DCC2906AB51(a)microsoft.com...

From: Paul E. Brown Jr. on
YES - This is exactally what I am talking about!
Someone help us. I would not have protected this file if it was not
important but now I cant get to it.

From: Brian on
A third user on the Excel Newsfeed reported the same problem as of the same
date. Seems to me that MS is having a problem with the server.

From: Bernard Jammet on
On Nov 18, 4:19 pm, Paul E. Brown Jr. <Paul E. Brown
J...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have an excel spreadsheet protected by IRM with my Passport ID. I have used
> this document almost daily for a long time with no issues and today it says I
> do not have access. How can a spreadsheet lose its credentials and is there
> anyway for me to get them back? It asks if I want to request permission from
> myself but when I click Yes it just opens an e-mail with my address in the
> "to:" line.

I am experiencing the exact same problem Workbook protected by IRM
advising that I do not have the credentials that allow to open this
workbook? it started on November 18, I would appreciate any
recommendations this is a very important excell file.
Thank You