From: BotRot on
Hello MS Office Forum,

I'm seeking information on MS Office usage by version. Something like a pie graph
with percentages MS Office 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP), 2000, and dare I say even 97?
Also a breakdown of specific MS Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, and the
rest of them) and versions.

Any website were I can find these statistics? I am (still) trying Google
searches, I am sure the statistics are somewhere, I can't bring the results up in
Google with search criteria as;

MS Office Version statistics
MS Office Version usage statistics
MS Office Version usage breakdown
MS Office Version usage pie graph (<-- Yields a lot of Excel how to websites)

Thank you and regards,

- BotRot

From: JoAnn Paules on
You can Google or Bing for information but there's no way to know if it's
accurate. You will probably have to create your own charts with the info you
want.

I'm not sure how you are going to tell how many copies are being used. For
example, I own several versions but only use one. Even my hubby would have
difficulty telling you which versions we own.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

From: BotRot on

Thank you JoAnn, I shall continue to piece information together. I too have all
versions of Office but only use one. It's only rough numbers I seek. There seems
to be a few places were someone can find a breakdown of Windows Versions (and
other operating systems), finding a similar analysis of MS Office is not as
apparent.

Thanks again JoAnn.

Regards,
- BotRot

From: JoAnn Paules on
I think you are going to have to figure out other ways to phrase your
queries if you want to find results. It's rare that one set of search terms
yields the results we are looking for.