From: hevnbnd on
Two things that I do not understand are in Handler Mappings under the
Application there is no longer an ISAPI-dll however when I try to create one
it makes me put an Executable in even though it says (optional) which i have
currently done.

There used to be an ISAPI-dll Module Mapping that had nothing in Executable.
As for the restrictions they are set to what they always have been.

Mapping -Invoke handler only if request is mapped to file is checked.

-Verbs = All Verbs & Access is set to Execute.

-Feature Permissions are also set to Read,Script, & Execute
all checked