From: Etienne on
Hi Folks

I have a toolbox and I would like to add some of my own icons on the help tree. In the helptoc.xml file we have the following on the second line

<tocitem target="mytoolbox_product_page.html" image="$toolbox/mytoolbox/icons/book_mat.png">

This only works if you install the toolbox in the matlab root directory. We want to be able to install the toolbox to the Desktop so that people do not need admin rights to install the toolbox. I am however not sure how you can make the icon path generic enough, short of actually filling in the whole path name after

image=

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Etienne
From: matt dash on
"Etienne" <etienne.coetzee(a)airbus.com> wrote in message <i412jk$kjf$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Folks
>
> I have a toolbox and I would like to add some of my own icons on the help tree. In the helptoc.xml file we have the following on the second line
>
> <tocitem target="mytoolbox_product_page.html" image="$toolbox/mytoolbox/icons/book_mat.png">
>
> This only works if you install the toolbox in the matlab root directory. We want to be able to install the toolbox to the Desktop so that people do not need admin rights to install the toolbox. I am however not sure how you can make the icon path generic enough, short of actually filling in the whole path name after
>
> image=
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
>
> Etienne

The only thing i can think of is to have an install function that the user runs from within matlab that uses the "which" function on one of your toolbox files to determine where they installed the toolbox, and then modifies the xml file to include that path. (or you could just ask them where they installed it, but using which would completely automate it.)

You could also make this check part of the code for one of your most commonly used toolbox functions so it happens "behind the scenes"... but then it wouldnt work if they view the help file before using the toolbox...