From: Antares 531 on
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:01:46 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
<BloodyShame(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of time...
>something that has happened to me quite often as well when being busy with a
>computer.
>
>A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time intervals...
>Like old clocks do...
>
>So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...
>
>Or maybe user specified...
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

In the olden days pirates got along quite well with a talking parrot
on their shoulder. Would this work for you? Of course there is that
problem of parrot excrement. Maybe computer viruses aren't so nasty,
after all??? Gordon
From: biermanoski on
It must be just Me...I find myself looking down to the right (System Tray)
every 15 minutes or so.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't help my computer addiction :(((

Maybe, I need one of those rubber mallets, to hit Me in the head every 15
minutes instead. hehehe

Jean

From: Bob I on
Then you should forget the clock business, and get your PC security up
to par first! ;-)

From: Gary Mount on
I think there are Windows Vista and Windows 7 desktop or sidebar gadgets
that do this kind of thing.

From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hello,
>
> There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of time...
> something that has happened to me quite often as well when being busy with a
> computer.
>
> A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time intervals...
> Like old clocks do...
>
> So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...
>
> Or maybe user specified...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

How about a daily task at the same time, created with starting an mp3
file by Windows Task Scheduler ?

Bernd