From: Skybuck Flying on
Hello,

There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of time...
something that has happened to me quite often as well when being busy with a
computer.

A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time intervals...
Like old clocks do...

So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...

Or maybe user specified...

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Bob I on
Pick the one you fancy
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=software+alarm+clock&aq=0&oq=Software+alarm&aqi=g2g-m8

From: Skybuck Flying on
Yes but now I run the risk of spyware and viruses... and would have to
install this on any other computer I might be at ;)

I was also thinking about maybe a voice which says:

"It's now 4 o clock"

or

"It's now 4 o clock and 5 minutes" ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Anthony Buckland on

"Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes but now I run the risk of spyware and viruses... and would have to
> install this on any other computer I might be at ;)
>
> I was also thinking about maybe a voice which says:
>
> "It's now 4 o clock"
>
> or
>
> "It's now 4 o clock and 5 minutes" ;)

I Googled talking clocks and noted various downloadable applications,
but then it hit me, this is the Christmas shopping season, just the
time of year when cheap gadgets that do this kind of thing inhabit
the shelves of places like the Source (Canadian successor to
Radio Shack). Get a talking clock. A literal, standalone device.
Put it on your work surface where you can hear it. Turn it on.
No virus problems other than possible H1N1 from the last person
to pass by who couldn't stand listening to the thing, or who
decided to give you a Halloween treat by switching it to Santiago
time and changing the language to Spanish.