From: Bob I on

Bernd wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of
>> time... something that has happened to me quite often as well when
>> being busy with a computer.
>>
>> A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time
>> intervals... Like old clocks do...
>>
>> So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...
>>
>> Or maybe user specified...
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>>

> How about a daily task at the same time, created with starting an mp3
> file by Windows Task Scheduler ?
>
> Bernd

or perhaps a .wav file recorded by your significant other? <big grin>

From: BillW50 on
In news:eZ$yw89VKHA.1792(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Bob I typed on Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:59:02 -0500:
> Bernd wrote:
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of
>>> time... something that has happened to me quite often as well when
>>> being busy with a computer.
>>>
>>> A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time
>>> intervals... Like old clocks do...
>>>
>>> So for example windows could play a "jingle or bell" each hour...
>>>
>>> Or maybe user specified...
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Skybuck.
>>
>> How about a daily task at the same time, created with starting an mp3
>> file by Windows Task Scheduler ?
>>
>> Bernd
>
> or perhaps a .wav file recorded by your significant other? <big grin>

There are free (and commercial) clock programs that ring on the quarter,
half, and hour. I used to use them at one time.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

From: Bob I on

BillW50 wrote:

> In news:eZ$yw89VKHA.1792(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> Bob I typed on Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:59:02 -0500:
>
>>Bernd wrote:
>>
>>>-------- Original-Nachricht --------

>>>How about a daily task at the same time, created with starting an mp3
>>>file by Windows Task Scheduler ?
>>>
>>>Bernd
>>
>>or perhaps a .wav file recorded by your significant other? <big grin>
>

> There are free (and commercial) clock programs that ring on the quarter,
> half, and hour. I used to use them at one time.

Already pointed him there in that direction on the first reply. ;-)

From: Skybuck Flying on

"Bob I" <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Then you should forget the clock business, and get your PC security up to
> par first! ;-)

That's exactly what I am doing.

Not downloading any suspicious software ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.